Anal fissures are cracks or tears in the skin around your anus. The crack in the skin exposes the muscle underneath, causing burning and sharp pain when you have a bowel movement. The pain can last for hours after the bowel movement and can be severe. These cracks are usually caused by the passage of a hard stool but also can be caused by persistent diarrhea.
Some people get fissures once in awhile and others can become chronic, lasting for years. The pain of a fissure may cause people to avoid having a bowel movement leading to chronic constipation. People are often embarrassed to see a doctor because of the location of the pain or they are afraid they will cause more pain. Fissures leave a "tag" of skin at the anal opening that people often mistake for a hemorrhoid.
The fissure won't heal without good blood supply, not unlike any other wound on the body. 不幸的是, the spasm caused by the exposed muscle keeps blood away from the area, 这使得它不太可能痊愈.
- 洗热水澡 在洗热水澡, 水涨到浴缸允许的最高高度, and relaxing the anal muscles will allow blood to flow into the area. Most people have trouble knowing how to relax the muscle without contracting it first. So, 当你在浴缸里的时候, contract the muscle you use to stop having a bowel movement or to urinate. 然后集中精力放松肌肉. Do this every five minutes 当你在浴缸里的时候. Take a bath three times a day and usually the fissure will heal within four weeks.
- 纤维 If you have a hard bowel movement during this time, you can re-crack the skin. So it is very important to increase the amount of fiber in your diet. You can do this by eating more raw fruits and vegetables and by taking additional fiber like the products listed below. The soluble fiber found in the prepared fiber supplements will make your bowel movements soft and allow the fissure to heal.
- 液体 You also must drink adequate amounts of fluid, up to eight glasses a day.
- 手术 If your fissure does not heal in four weeks or you have had your fissure for a long time you may need surgery. The surgeon will cut the fissure open in a procedure called a sphincterotomy. This will hurt initially but the fissure will be gone and probably won't come back. 这个手术是由门诊病人完成的. Small numbers of people who have had this operation may leak gas or stool.
在一般情况下, the average content of dietary fiber per serving of each of the food groups is as listed:
- 水果- 1 - 2克
- 坚果6 - 8克
- 蔬菜- 2 - 3克
- 精制谷物- 2 - 3克
- Do not take if you have a narrowing in your esophagus or in your intestines
- If you are a diabetic avoid the preparations with sugar
- If you need to watch your sodium intake avoid the psyllium preparation
- If you are taking Tetracycline avoid the polycarbophils
- If you have phenylketonuria avoid the preparations with Aspartame
- If you are taking Coumadin avoid the preparations with psyllium
- Dose: One teaspoon or one wafer equals 3 grams of insoluble fiber, 2 grams of soluble fiber. 每天服用三次.
- Available forms: Flavored or non-flavored, sweetened or artificially sweetened, regular or smooth. It comes in wafers, including apple crisp and cinnamon spice.
- Dose: One tablespoon equals 2 grams soluble fiber and 1.5克不溶性纤维.
- Available forms: Flavors include orange and tropical fruit as well as sugar-free.
- 剂量:一茶匙相当于4克车前草. 每天服用4次，每次1到2茶匙.
- 剂量:一茶匙等于3 grams of cellulose.
- 剂量:每日1 - 3次，每次一汤匙.
- Form of fiber: Methylcellulose, powder equals 2 grams per tablespoon
- Dose: One caplet equals 500 mg of polycarbophil. 每天服用1 - 4片.
加州大学旧金山分校健康 medical specialists have reviewed this information. It is for educational purposes only and is not intended to replace the advice of your doctor or other health care provider. We encourage you to discuss any questions or concerns you may have with your provider.