| 西班牙语 |
You can access UCSF healthcare providers through telehealth for many types of appointments. This option saves you the hassle of travel and may be more convenient for certain types of appointments. With the coronavirus outbreak, we are relying on video visits more than ever.
What is telehealth, or a video visit?
Telehealth is a general term for using technology to provide health care at a geographical distance. The main telehealth tool used by UCSF is the video visit, which allows you to talk with your health care provider from home, 办公室，甚至你的车. All you need is a 智能手机 or computer loaded with Zoom, 一个免费的视频会议程序, 和一个MyChart账户.
另一个远程保健工具是我们的 远程第二意见程序. This service allows patients in other cities, states or even countries to consult a UCSF doctor about their diagnosis or treatment plan without having to come to the clinic. A UCSF specialist will review the medical records and give the patient's health care provider a written second opinion.
What types of video visits does UCSF offer?
We offer video visits at more than 120 of our clinics, providing virtual care for hundreds of conditions. Our providers see patients online for primary care, follow-up visits (including postsurgical follow-up), 心理健康服务, 疼痛管理, medication monitoring and other issues.
Of course, we can't manage everything remotely. Your doctor's office can help determine whether a video visit is right for your current needs.
How do I request and access a video visit?
Follow these seven easy steps to set up a video visit with your provider:
- 联系你的诊所 请求一个约会.
- 设置您的 MyChart帐户, and download the MyChart app to your computer, phone or other device.
- In MyChart, view your appointment instructions for information on preparing your device for a video visit.
- 测试你的设备. Your connection is successful when you can see yourself on-screen.
- Begin the MyChart eCheck-in process at least 15 minutes in advance of your appointment.
- Join the video visit at least 5 minutes before your appointment start time. You'll be placed in a waiting room and the provider will admit you.
- If you're having trouble, call MyChart customer service at (415) 514-6000 寻求帮助.
A video visit is much like a regular office visit, 但不是亲自去, you'll talk to your doctor or other health care provider from home, work or any other convenient location. 在预定的时间, you'll log in for your video chat and spend the same amount of time with your provider as you normally would. 你的利来登录可以评估症状, 做出诊断, 推荐的治疗, adjust medications and send prescriptions to your pharmacy. 然而, it's possible your provider will determine during the video visit that you should be seen in person, whether by your provider or a specialist.
What technology do patients need for a video visit?
Video conferencing can be done using a tablet, 智能手机, laptop or desktop computer – any device with an integrated camera. You only need to download Zoom 和一个MyChart账户.
How is telehealth helpful during the coronavirus crisis?
We've ramped up telehealth services substantially since the pandemic began. Our providers are using video visits with patients whenever appropriate. 病人 with possible signs of infection with COVID-19 can access an online symptom checker on MyChart that provides an initial screening. 取决于结果, 他们可能会得到自我照顾的建议, 电话咨询护士, a video visit appointment with their doctor, 或者转介到紧急护理.
除了, we now have a Virtual Acute Care Center to efficiently and safely assess patients with serious respiratory symptoms. We've equipped our emergency department teams with telehealth tool kits that include high-resolution cameras, 扬声器和麦克风. This allows them to interview patients who have COVID-19 symptoms without being exposed.
What do video visits cost, and does insurance cover them?
California law requires private insurers to treat video visits the same way they do in-person office visits. Your plan should reimburse a video visit as it would a regular visit; co-pays and deductibles still apply.
直到最近, Medicare would not cover these visits when patients were at home (as opposed to being at another doctor's office). 为了应对冠状病毒, that restriction has been dropped and Medicare is reimbursing video visits, 至少目前是这样.
- For patients with private insurance plans. California law requires private insurers to treat video visits the same way they do in-person office visits. Your plan should reimburse a video visit as it would a regular visit; co-pays and deductibles still apply.
- 对加州医保的病人来说. 包括你的视频访问.
- 为有医疗保险的病人. 直到最近, Medicare would not cover these visits when patients were at home (as opposed to being at another doctor's office). 为了应对冠状病毒, that restriction has been dropped and Medicare is reimbursing video visits, 至少目前是这样.