UCSF's radiology department offers patients and referring doctors a secure way to send medical images and reports to us electronically, via the Life Image portal. This service complies with the patient privacy regulations of the federal Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
Please note the following before using this service:
- You must use Chrome as your web browser to upload images.
- It takes up to 24 hours for the images to be processed and available for our radiologists to review.
- If you're a patient, you must schedule an appointment before uploading any images.
- Include an accurate phone number with your request, as we may need to validate your information by phone. To get started, click the "send images" button. Once you're in the portal, follow the instructions below.
- Once you're in the Life Image portal, click the blue "Request a Connection" button.
- Fill out the connection request form and click "Send request". Once you submit the form, you'll receive a confirmation email.
- When your request is accepted, you'll receive a welcome email containing a link and access code to get started. Click on the link and enter the access code when prompted.
- If the images are on a memory stick or CD, insert it and follow the instructions to upload the images.
- Once finished, alert your UCSF provider that the images have been uploaded.