加州大学旧金山分校, we understand that a brain tumor diagnosis affects not only our patients, 还有他们的家人和爱人. To enhance the excellent medical care we provide, we established the UCSF Neuro-Oncology Gordon Murray Caregiver Program. Our goal is to optimize quality of life for both our patients and their caregivers by ensuring caregivers have the resources and support they need.
We commonly advise caregivers on the following topics:
- Disease information, including symptoms, medication side effects and what to expect
- Financial, disability and insurance information
- Guidance for completing advance health care directives
- Connecting with local and 社区 resources for supportive care
- Educational workshops designed for neuro-oncology caregivers
This program is designed to reach caregivers at the time of their loved one's surgery. Our caregiver nurse meets with family members in the hospital to provide valuable health information and beginning instruction on basic caregiver skills. Our aim is to prepare caregivers to look after the patient from the time of discharge to the first follow-up visit.
The video below has recommendations to guide caregivers when their loved one goes home, particularly in the first two to three weeks after surgery, 并提供了一些组织的建议. The purpose of the presentation is to improve the patient's transition from the hospital to home and reduce postoperative issues during recovery.
- Communicating with the patient’s doctors, nurses, social workers and other health care team members
- Managing and monitoring the surgical incision
- Addressing potential postoperative complications
- Knowing when and whom to call if questions arise
- 净的护理: Caregiving resources provided by Beth Israel University Hospital and Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- 对癌症护理人员的帮助: A personalized self-care web tool for caregivers
- 家庭照顾者联盟: Provides caregiving resources around the country, with educational literature available on various relevant topics.
- 神经病学看护者的角落: More resources for caregivers of patients with neurological diseases
The UCSF Neuro-Oncology Gordon Murray Caregiver Program is philanthropically funded. These services would not be possible without the support of our generous donors. To learn more about the history of our program and how you can support our work, please visit braintumorcenter.加州大学旧金山分校.edu.